Dates: 1962 – present
1962 – The Hampstead Theatre Club (founded in 1959 by James Roose-Evans) relocated from Moreland Hall, Holly Bush Vale, to a small studio in Swiss Cottage.
2003 – Purpose-built 325 seat venue was completed, close to the site of the old studio theatre.
1971 (from The Stage Guide)
Electrics: 3 Strand Junior 8 with masters in box at rear of auditorium. Dimmers – 16 x 1kW; no presets; no groups. Circuits – FOH 18; Flies 16; Stage dips 4. Socket types – 15A BESA. Total capacity available to stage – 66A on 1 phase. Special effects supply – 30A on 1 phase.
- Duet 2 – 70 channels, 110 memories, including Duet pin matrix system (listed for sale in ABTT News, April 1987)
- Arri Image – British Theatre Directory
Exhibits from this venue in the Backstage Heritage Collection
Links to information about equipment at Hampstead Theatre over the years
Mentions of Hampstead Theatre in indexed journals
View in Google Maps