One of the greatest modern musicals, the scenic design by Ian MacNeil is a major triumph, enhanced by the poetic automation of the main elements (bed and table lift) by AVW Controls and Delstar Engineering.
- 11 May 2005 to 9 April 2016: West End, London – Victoria Palace Theatre (4600 performances)
- Reported budget for the show: £5.5million
- The show closed in 2016 due to the refurbishment of the Victoria Palace theatre, and headed out on a UK tour.
- Before the show closed, it was filmed for live broadcast to cinemas around the UK. It was subsequently released on DVD and Blu-Ray. At Christmas 2016 it was broadcast on the Sky Arts channel (UK). The end of the show features a finale with all of the Billy’s to date, and Liam Mower, the first actor to play Billy, plays ‘Old Billy’ during the Swan Lake flying sequence.
- 13 November 2007 Capitol Theatre, Sydney
- November 13 2008 to January 8, 2012: Imperial Theatre, New York NY (after 40 previews and 1,304 regular performances.)
- This production recouped its original investment of $18 million in 14 months and continued to sell strongly until it closed.
- 2008 Melbourne
- 2010 US National Tour
- 2010 Seoul
- 2010 2nd National Tour
Pirouette (1996 - ?2002)
Source Four Revolution (2003)
Mac TW1 (2005-2015)
Mac TW1 on Billy Elliot (May 2008)
Live Design: Billy Elliot Comes to Broadway (January 2009)