Originally opened as Henry Miller’s Theatre.Designed in 1918 by architects Ingalls and Hoffmann alongside Paul Allen.
Known since 2010 as the Stephen Sondheim Theatre
Selected Past Productions
- & Juliet (2023?)
- Anything Goes (2011) starring Sutton Foster. More than 400 performances.
- 2010 – Venue renamed after Stephen Sondheim.
- 2007 – The Roundabout Theatre Company assumed management of the venue as it reopened.
- 2004 – the building that housed the theatre was demolished with only the facade preserved. A new skyscraper was constructed on the site, and the theatre was completely rebuilt at the base of it.
- Urinetown (2001)
- A crane accident at an adjacent construction site caused the Cabaret production to move to Studio 54, while the street was closed for repairs.
- Cabaret (1998) presented by the Roundabout Theatre Company
- The venue relaunched as the discotheque Xenon.
- The venue became a cinema showing adult films
- Hotel Paradiso (1957) starring Bert Lahr and Angela Lansbury (her Broadway debut)
- Witness for the Prosecution
- The Moon is Blue
- The Cocktail Party () by T.S.Eliot
- Our Town (1938) by Thornton Wilder
- Henry Miller dies, and his son Gilbert Miller takes over running the venue (1926)
- La La Lucille () first musical with a complete score by George Gershwin
- The Vortex (1925)
- The Changelings (1923)