Dates: 1835 – 1957
1200 seat theatre, formerly in King Street, London.
Designed by Samuel Beazley and built by Peto & Grissell for the tenor and theatre director John Braham.
The theatre opened 14 December 1835.
In 1840 it changed names to Prince’s Theatre, but changed it back in 1841.
The theatre was rebuilt several times, in 1869 and 1879-80.
It closed on 27 July 1957 and was demolished and rebuilt as an office building.
Links to information about equipment at St James Theatre over the years
St James Theatre - Arthur Lloyd
From Arthur Lloyd website