Dates: 1872 – present
Official website: http://www.thetivolitheatre.com
Originally named Her Majesty’s Theatre (architects James Matthews & C.B. Phipps). Auditorium redesigned in 1897 by Frank Matcham.
Reconstructed in 1909, reopened in July 1910 as the Tivoli. Refurbished again in 1938.
1966 – The theatre became a bingo halll.
1998 – Building closed (disused)
2013 – Refurbished building reopened.
Exhibits from this venue in the Backstage Heritage Collection
Links to information about equipment at Tivoli Theatre, Aberdeen over the years
View in Google Maps