Dates: 27 December 1932 – present
Official website: http://www.radiocity.com
This beautiful venue can be explored on one of the regular Stage Door Tours – your excellent guide will show you around the building (depending on production needs) and you’ll even get to meet a Rockette!
- The venue showed movies plus spectacular live stage shows featuring the Rockettes
- The house curtain weighs 4000 lbs and uses 13 motors to control it
- There are 5000 house lights, with filament bulbs coloured Red, Green, Blue and Amber (before LEDs were used for the same effect)
- The regular audience capacity is 5931 (special layouts can go up to just over 6000). It was the largest auditorium in the world at the time of opening.
- The 1999 refurbishment cost $70million and took 8 months
- The stage lift system uses a 20,000 gallon hydraulic tank. There are 4 lifts, with a capacity of 81 tonnes. They can travel 13 feet above normal stage level, and 27 feet below stage level.
C21 Radio City Music Hall Lighting Control
Click on thumbnail to enlarge
From Strand Slide Archive