USA – New York – Hudson Theatre
Dates: 1903 – 1956, 1960 – 1968 and then 2017 – present
In 1956 the venue became a TV studio for the Tonight Show.
It was reopened as a Broadway Theatre in 2017 (see video below)
Official website: http://www.thehudsonbroadway.com
View in Google Maps
Selected Past Productions
- 1984 () directed by Robert Icke
- Sunday in the Park With George () starring Jake Gyllenhaal
- February 11 2017 – Theatre reopened
- 2015 – Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) signed a long term lease on the venue and invested in a complete refurbishment
- 1992 – The theatre became part of the new Macklowe Hotel (now Millennium Broadway) and was used as a conference centre, meeting space and occasional comedy venue for Comedy Central stand-up tapings.
- 1987 – Granted landmark status by the City of New York
- 1980 – Savoy Rock Club
- 1974 – 1980 – Adult cinema
- 1960 – 1968 – Theatre was bought by Abraham Hirschfeld and became a legitimate theatre once more.
- The Tonight Show was broadcast from the Hudson between 1954 and 1959
- 1950 – NBC purchased the theatre and converted it for permanent use as a TV studio.
- Cousin Kate (1903) starring Ethel Barrymore