Dates: 1903 – present
Official website: https://hippodromecircus.co.uk/
The last remaining permanent circus building in the UK, and one of only 3 world-wide. Built in 1903 by circus showman George Gilbert.
Circus Ring diameter: 32 feet
The wooden circus ring flooring can drop to reveal a pool.
- 1903 Opened
- 1979 Bought by the current owner, Peter Jay
- 1981 The restored water feature is used again in a performance