Gas Table (1879)
Originally installed in Beccles United Reform Church, behind the organ. The church was redeveloped in 1879, and this is when the gas lighting system was installed.
Incoming gas connection then 8 branches to send gas to 8 different areas.
Each valve is marked "Huletts Improved Full Way Carters Valve."
The gas table (arrangement of valves) was built into a wooden cabinet.
Each valve has a small bypass valve, believed to be used to keep a pilot flame alight, to enable the main light to be turned on and off without having to relight it each time.
This item was used on the film Chaplin, filmed on location in Wiltons Music Hall.